Dennis Eagle Limited is a manufacturer of refuse collection trucks based in Warwick, UK.
The company was formed on the break up of the Dennis Group in the 1990s;
- Main article: Dennis
In 1972 the company (Dennis Group) was acquired by Hestair Group and renamed Hestair Dennis after a few years of financial difficulties. It was sold to Trinity Holdings (formed from a management buyout from Hestair Group) in 1989 and then to Mayflower Corporation in October 1998.
As of 1990s, the company was no longer a single integrated whole, but was three independent businesses, namely:
- Dennis Fire - manufacturer of fire appliances.
- Dennis Bus - manufacturer of buses and other public transport vehicles
- Dennis-Eagle - manufacturer of dustcarts/refuse lorries (municipal vehicles). This company also incorporated the remains of the Eagle Engineering and Shelvoke & Drewry concerns.
- The then owners Mayflower Corporation sold Dennis-Eagle in July 1999.
- Dennis Bus and Dennis Fire were incorporated into Transbus International (now Alexander Dennis) in 2001.
List model range here please (current & past)
- Alexander Dennis - Buses
- Dennis Specialist Vehicles
- List of Truck Manufacturers
- Commercial vehicles
- Specialist truck manufacturers
References / sourcesEdit
- ↑ "Spanish conglomerate ready to cart off Dennis Eagle", The Daily Telegraph (8 December 2006).