|Superseded by||990 Implematic|
|Engine make||David Brown|
|Fuel type||Diesel, TVO, and Petrol options|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||165 cu in (2.7 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3 5/8 "|
|Stroke in (mm)||4 "|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||Manual 3 speed + (hi-low + R)|
|Gearbox make||David Brown|
|Linkage Category||Cat I or Cat II|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Front||6 x 16|
|Rear||11/13 x 32|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||4,600 lb (2,090 kg)|
|Factories||Meltham W. Yorkshire, England|
Live PTO & hydraulics option|
Also sold as Oliver 600 in USA
The David Brown 950 Implematic was introduced in September 1959 to upgrade the David Brown 950. The tractor had a Red colour scheme with powder cream wheel centres and grills. A range of engine options for all fuels was offered. The model was upgraded to the David Brown 950 Implematic (A&B version) in December 1960. The 950 was also sold by the Oliver Corporation in the USA as the Oliver 600, along with the Oliver 500, which was a David Brown 850. About 2148 were sold by Oliver between 1960 and 1963.
Specification / options / upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Power was raised from the 900
- All fuel types offered but Diesel models mainly sold.
- Lights a standard
- Leveling box on linkage
- Supper comfort seat
- PTO & Belt pulley
- A Live drive PTO and Hydraulics option.
- Implematic depth control system added. (used Top link sensing to control depth via a hydraulic valve.
- Diff lock as standard.
- High clearance version
- Optional Cab
- Optional power steering
- 3 way hydraulic service valve
- Adjustable track from 54 > 76 inch in 4" steps
Serial Numbers[edit | edit source]
About 18,125 MkI were built.
- 950 Implematic V&W series (1959-61) - V950D;V950G;V950K & W950D;W950G;W950K - 63000-81126
- 950 A&B series (1961-62) - A950D;A950G;A950K & B950D;B950G;B950K - 400001-401489
About 1,488 MkII were built. Add more details here please.
Preservation[edit | edit source]
David Brown Tractor Museum collection at Meltham has several DB tractors in it.
List any known examples in preservation here;
See also[edit | edit source]
- Collectors info
References / sources[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]