|Superseded by||990 Implematic|
|Engine make||David Brown|
|Fuel type||Diesel, TVO, and Petrol options|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||165 cu in (2.7 litre)|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3 5/8 "|
|Stroke in (mm)||4 "|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Transmission type||Manual 3 speed + (hi-low + R)|
|Gearbox make||David Brown|
|Linkage Category||Cat I or Cat II|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Front||6 x 16|
|Rear||11/13 x 32|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||4,600 lb (2,090 kg)|
|Factories||Meltham W. Yorkshire, England|
Live PTO & hydraulics option|
Also sold as Oliver 600 in USA
The David Brown 950 Implematic was introduced in September 1959 to upgrade the David Brown 950. The tractor had a Red colour scheme with powder cream wheel centres and grills. A range of engine options for all fuels was offered. The model was upgraded to the David Brown 950 Implematic (A&B version) in December 1960. The 950 was also sold by the Oliver Corporation in the USA as the Oliver 600, along with the Oliver 500, which was a David Brown 850. About 2148 were sold by Oliver between 1960 and 1963.
Specification / options / upgrades
- Power was raised from the 900
- All fuel types offered but Diesel models mainly sold.
- Lights a standard
- Leveling box on linkage
- Supper comfort seat
- PTO & Belt pulley
- A Live drive PTO and Hydraulics option.
- Implematic depth control system added. (used Top link sensing to control depth via a hydraulic valve.
- Diff lock as standard.
- High clearance version
- Optional Cab
- Optional power steering
- 3 way hydraulic service valve
- Adjustable track from 54 > 76 inch in 4" steps
About 18,125 MkI were built.
- 950 Implematic V&W series (1959-61) - V950D;V950G;V950K & W950D;W950G;W950K - 63000-81126
- 950 A&B series (1961-62) - A950D;A950G;A950K & B950D;B950G;B950K - 400001-401489
About 1,488 MkII were built. Add more details here please.
David Brown Tractor Museum collection at Meltham has several DB tractors in it.
List any known examples in preservation here;
- Collectors info
References / sources
- David Brown Tractors 1936-1964, by Allan Earnshaw
- David Brown 1939-1972 (book), by Allan T Condie
- Sam Kennedy's DB Gallery