|Preceded by||David Brown VAK1|
|Superseded by||David Brown 900|
|Engine make||David Brown|
|Displacement cu in /(litre)||2.71 litre|
|No. of Cylinders||4|
|Bore in (mm)||3 5/8 inches|
|Stroke in (mm)||4 inches (114 mm)|
|Naturally aspirated, Turbo or Supercharged||NA|
|Clutch||Dry plate Borg & Beck|
|Gearbox make||David Brown|
|Linkage Category||Cat I|
|Lift capacity (lb/kg)||590 kg|
|Tyre Sizes (std/options)|
|Front||6.0 x 19|
|Rear||13.4 x 28 11.25 x 28|
|Length (inches/metres)||2960 mm|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||1770 kg|
|Factories||Meltham Mills, West Yorkshire, UK|
|Approximate Cost new in (year)||?|
Model History Edit
- For Company history see
- Main article: David Brown
The model history of this item is unknown. Can you help add any history for it ?
- In ?
Factory locations Edit
- Meltham Mills, West Yorkshire, England
See Infobox for basic details
Variations and Options Edit
- Petrol & TVO(Kerosene) versions available - see David Brown 30C
- 1954 - the new series 30C and 30D models were equipped with TCU - Traction Control Unit the first controllable weight transfer system to assist traction.
- 1955 - special hitch to give the advantage of TCU in hauling heavy trailers was introduced. A TCU is still the most efficient method of obtaining controlled weight transfer to assist traction.
Serial Numbers Information Edit
- 1953-1954 30D Diesel (Series I) VAD1C - sn PD18500-20797
- 1954-1957 30D Diesel (Series II) VAD1D/30 - sn PD/30 10001-19452
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built 2296 SI, 9451 SII).|
|1954||?||-||Last built SI S/No. PD20797|
|1954||PD/30 10001-||-||Series II introduced|
|1957||?||-||Last built S/No.PD/30 19452|
|year||serial no||Number built||Notes|
No information on any of these tractors in preservation is available.
- (Do you know of any examples to list ?
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|David Brown 30D||UBH 594||PD30/11136||1954||Diesel||J. Searl of||at Stoke Goldington Steam Rally 2009|
|David Brown 30D||TVO 19||s/n ?||1955||Diesel||E. Ducksbury of Newark Notts.||at Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show 2009|
|David Brown 30D||S/n ?||year||engine||owner ?||Seen parked in Cornwall||Possibly featured in T&M November issue|
|David Brown 30D||Reg no. ?||S/n ?||year||engine||owner ?||
||seen at ?|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- David Brown Tractors 1936-1964, by Alan Earnshaw.
External Links Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.