The Dave Weedon collection is a 'private collection' of Heavy Haulage trucks and vintage excavators. Machines from the collection regularly appear at Scammell Register events and Steam fairs featuring Commercial vehicles, Daves other interest is vintage excavators and some of his collection is at the Vintage Excavator Trust site at Threlkeld in Cumbria. Dave Weedon is also founding member of classic tracks and trucks, there are over 40 trucks and plant with other members in the group. (Details of the machines and trucks can be found at on the groups web site at www.classictracksandtrucks.co.uk).
- Note - This collection is not open for public viewing, but the vehicles in it appear at various shows
- Atkinson 1366 ballast tractor NPY 63F Sunters
- Scammell Junior Constructor 447 DPY Sunters
- Scammell Contractor GDW 848E in the livery of Scotts
- Scammell Junior Contractor HPY 54D in the livery of Sunters
- Scammell Highwayman ASW 610 in the livery of Elliotts of York, and usually coupled to a period King Low-loader with Knock out 4-inline axle.
- Scammell S24 Q149 JKO ex Falklands & Curtis Haulage
- Priestman Wolf Excavator / Crane.
- Priestman Lion crane
- Diamond T 3630 DW in the livery of WYNNS
- Rotinoff Atlantic UAS 547 in Sunters livery
- Rotinoff Super Atlantic Q43 GFR in Parnabys livery
Some of the events attended by these vehicles include;
- Ackworth Scammell Gathering
- Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally
- Great Dorset Steam Fair
- Pickering Steam Rally
- Scorton North Yorkshire Rally and Annual Working
- Vintage Excavator Trust open days ASW 610 was parked at the VET site for a couple of years but has returned to York now
References / sourcesEdit
- Scammell Highwayman at York On CCMV photo gallery (Scammell section)