The Danish Steamroller Club
We are a group of steam enthusiasts that meet regularly to restore, maintain and, not least, drive the club’s vehicles.
Some individual members have their own vehicles.
The Steamroller club was founded on September 9th 1965 by a group that believed these magnificent machines should be preserved for the future. After a short while, we had acquired about 60% of the machines that remained in Denmark. Today, these make up the clubs collection. The Steamroller club is based in the "Andelslandsbyen Nyvang" museum near Holbaek where exhibition and workshop facilities have been collaboratively developed by the museum and the club.
The Steam Roller Club has 8 steam rollers and 3 of them are working condition.
Other Steam Rollers
- Aveling & Porter, No. 14109, 1931
- J. A. Maffei, No. 8828, 1921
- Kastrup Maskinfabrik, No. 95, 1924
- Marshall, Sons & Co. No. 73261, 1920
- Wallis & Steevens Advance, No. 8036, 1930
Club web siteEdit
- Please visit us at http://www.damptromleklubben.dk
- Old Glory Magazine published an article on the club in April 2011 issue no. 254
Initial details up uploaded by a club member.
- www.damptromleklubben.dk - club web site