- This page is mainly to tie up various links to the company from other articles.
Daimler-Benz AG was a German manufacturer of cars, motor vehicles, and engines which was founded in 1926. An Agreement of Mutual Interest—which was valid until year 2000—was signed on 1 May 1924 between Karl Benz's Benz & Cie. and Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft, which had been founded by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach. Daimler had died in 1900 and Maybach had left in 1907.
Daimiler-Benz bought Crysler to form Daimler Crysler AG. They then sold Crysler and became Daimler AG.
- Mercedes-Benz - main trading name
- Unimog - Tractor building division
- Hanomag Daimler had an interest in the company
- Detroit Diesel - owned by Daimler-Benz
Extract from Wikipedia article