Click here to upload a logo
|Type||Public (Bursa Malaysia:DRBHCOM)|
|Headquarters||Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia|
Datuk Haji Mohd Khamil Jamil (Designated MD)|
Dato' Syed Mohamad Syed Murtaza (Chairman)
|Industry||Automotive, Services and Property & Infrastructure|
|Revenue (turnover)||6.10 billion MYR (31 March 2009)|
DRB-HICOM (MYX: 1619) Berhad is one of Malaysia's leading corporations, involved in the automotive manufacturing, assembly and distribution industry through its involvement in the passenger car and four wheel drive vehicle market segment, the national truck project and the national motorcycle project. DRB-HICOM assembles cars in Malaysia for Honda, Isuzu, Suzuki, Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen, with plans for expansion. Besides automotive concerns, the group's core business focuses are in the services and property & infrastructure sectors.
Originally, it was incorporated in 1980 as the The Heavy Industries Corporation of Malaysia Berhad (HICOM). It experienced rapid growth and in 1996 merged with Diversified Resources Berhad (DRB) to form the biggest conglomerate in Malaysia.
The Malaysian Government owns a 5.39% stake in DRB-Hicom through its investment arm Khazanah Nasional Berhad.
- HICOM Automotive Manufacturers (Malaysia) - contract manufacturer and assemble Mercedes-Benz, Iveco, Suzuki and Volkswagen automobiles
- HICOM Diecastings Sdn Bhd - Casting and Machining
- HICOM-HONDA Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - Honda Motorcycle Engines & Components
- HICOM-Teck See Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - Plastics
- HICOM-YAMAHA Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd - Motorcycle Engines & Components
- Isuzu HICOM Malaysia - manufacture Isuzu trucks
- Isuzu Malaysia - manufacture Isuzu trucks
- Motosikal Dan Enjin Nasional Sdn Bhd (MODENAS  - Motorcycle Manufacture and related Components
- Oriental Summit Industries Sdn Bhd - Metal Stamping
- PHN Industry Sdn Bhd - Metal Stamping
- PROTON Holdings Berhad - Majority holder of Proton (automobile)
- Suzuki Motorcycle Malaysia Sdn Bhd - Motorcycle Engines & Components
- ↑ http://www.drb-hicom.com/cms/SolutionPages/Business%20Content.aspx?ContentID=725a86fe-42ec-4676-bafd-d21933ddae71
- ↑ Tan, Danny (12 March 2012). "BREAKING: CKD Volkswagen Passat 1.8 TSI available now for RM170,888, same spec as CBU model", Paul Tan’s Automotive News. Retrieved on 26 July 2012.
- ↑ hd (12 March 2012). "VW startet Fahrzeugproduktion in Malaysia" (in German), Auto News. Retrieved on 26 July 2012.
- ↑ "Expansionspläne von VW in Malaysia werden konkreter" (in German), Crain Communications GmbH (19 July 2012). Retrieved on 21 July 2012.