A well restored County 654 at Peterborough National Tractor show in 2008
|Preceded by||County Super-4|
|Superseded by||County 754|
The County 654 was a improved version of the County Super-4 tractor built from Nov 1964 to June 1968. It was replaced by the County 754 an uprated version, on the revised Ford 5000 skid unit in May 1968.
History[edit | edit source]
Design & specification[edit | edit source]
The tractor was based on the Ford 5000 Skid unit, and replaced the County Super-4 based on the Fordson Super Major skid unit. Initially called the County Super-4 5000, the name was changed to the 654. (i.e 65 hp 4-wd tractor). Latter models followed this numerical numbering convention. Thus being re designated as the County 754 in 1968 when the Ford Force version of the 5000 was released with a 65 hp (48 kW) engine.
Prices[edit | edit source]
- The tractor new was listed at ?
- The used price of these can vary considerably as finding clean used examples is getting harder and tractors have often been worked hard so mechanical repairs can be expensive.
- Restored examples can fetch a good price at Auction. (please add examples, with references below)
Preservation[edit | edit source]
This was a fairly popular model with good sale but details of how many were sold is unknown ( if details known please add with reference to source of data).
Known examples[edit | edit source]
List know examples here please.
- County 654 at Belvoir Castle - s/n unknown, shown above
- County 654 at Peterborough National Tractor show in 2008 (shown above) s/n unknown
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|ESA 16D||County no. 15881||?||Ford||Owner ?||Seen at Corbridge Steam and Vintage Rally 2010|
|Reg no.||County no. 17776||?||Ford||Owner ?||Seen at Belvoir Castle Steam Festival 2009|
|unknown reg||County no. 18041||?||Ford||Owner ?||At Fred Knight and Friends WD 2011|
|Reg no. ?||County no. ?/unknown||?||Ford||Owner ?||Seen at National Tractor Show Peterborough 2008|
|Reg no.||County no. ?/unknown||Owner ?||150px]]||Seen at|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
See also[edit | edit source]
- List of County tractor models
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- Special Purpose Tractors
- Shows and Meets
- Tractor Parts Dealers
- Clubs Listing
References / sources[edit | edit source]
- Ford Tractor Conversions, by Stuart Gibbard, page 68
- Various articles in tractor magazines
[edit | edit source]