|Manufacturer||Clayton & Shuttleworth|
|Registration no.||NL 1216|
|Weight Tons (kg)||9 ton|
|Date into Preservation||?|
|Power nhp||5 nhp|
|No. of Cylinders||1|
|No. of Gears||2|
|Ancillary equipment||Convertible Roller Kit|
|Original Owner||Marquis of Zetland|
|Current Owner / Keeper||A. Lister, Morpeth|
|Date bought (Current)||?|
|Sale Price (approximate)
|Notes||Delivered on 23 July 1906|
Clayton & Shuttleworth no. 38742 is a convertible type engine built in 1906. The engine is currently named Louise and carries the registration mark NL 1216.
- Supplied new to the Marquise of Zetland on 23rd of July 1906.
- 1915 - sold to Ashington Coal Co. of Northumberland. Worked on the companies farms for threshing and timber work.
- 1921 - converted to Road Roller and used as a roller.
- 1951 - sold for scrap
- 1971 - Purchased by current owners farther & restored from derelict condition over 3 years back to original tractor form.
- Previously residing in Chester le Street
- Currently owned by A. Lister of Morpeth, in Northumberland.
- please add any more detailed history if known
add more images of this engine here.
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- List of Named Vehicles
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- National Traction Engine Trust
- Preservation & collector related
References / sources Edit
Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.
Clayton & Shuttleworth Engines index by serial number(for engines with pages on Tractor Wiki)
No. 11000 > 32000- No. 32000 > 3999934980 - 38742 No. 40000 > 44999- No. 45000 > 4999947216 - No. 50000 >- Non UK + others-
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.