Chieftain may refer to:
The leader or head of a group:
- a tribal chief or a village head.
- a member of the 'House of chiefs'.
- a captain, to which 'chieftain' is etymologically related.
- Clan chief, the head of a Scottish clan.
- Chiefs of the Name, the recognized head of a Scottish family or Irish clan .
- Germanic chieftain, chieftains specifically of the Germanic tribes of Europe.
It may also refer to:
- Chieftain tank, the main battle tank of the British Army during the 1960s and 1970s.
- The Chieftain, a comic opera by Arthur Sullivan and F. C. Burnand.
- Chieftains Museum (Major Ridge Home), Cherokee museum in Rome, Georgia.
- The Chieftains, a traditional Irish musical group.
- Chieftain Products, a former Canadian toy & game company
- The difficulty level in several games in the Civilization (series).
On Wikipedia -