Godhra (Registered Office) |
Gurgaon (Marketing Office)
Chennai (Production Plant)
|Key people||Mr. Karl Slym, President and Managing Director|
|Parent||General Motors India Private Limited|
Chevrolet Sales India Private Limited is a division of General Motors India Private Limited which inturn is a subsidiary of General Motors of the United States. It is the 5th largest car maker in India after Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata and Mahindra.
Chevrolet came to India in 1928. An office was set up in Bombay with an assembly plant constructed in Sewree. General Motors was the first automobile company to open an assembly plant in India. Vehicle Production started in 1928 with the National Series AB Touring. In 1952-53 the ‘socialist’ Indian Government forced General Motors India to shut shop, along with other foreign car companies. However in 2003 Chevrolet Sales India Private Limited was established and the Chevrolet brand was re-launched in India. It replaced Opel as the only brand offering by General Motors India Private Limited.
CSIPL operates vehicle manufacturing plants in Halol, Gujarat and Talegaon Dabhade, Maharastra, It maintains headquarters in Halol and Gurgaon and a large technical center in Bangalore. Its Halol and Talegaon Dabhade manufacturing plants have a combined production capacity of 385,000 vehicles annually.
Many of CSIPL's vehicles sold in India are imported from GMDAT either as completely built units, or assembled with varying degree of localized manufacturing. CSIPL currently sells three hatchbacks, three sedans, one MUV and One SUV.
- Chevrolet Optra (Launched 2003)
- Chevrolet Tavera (Launched 2004)
- Chevrolet Aveo (Launched 2006)
- Chevrolet Aveo U-VA (Launched 2006)
- Chevrolet Spark (Launched 2007)
- Chevrolet Captiva (Launched 2008)
- Chevrolet Cruze (Launched 2009)
- Chevrolet Beat (Launched 2010)
Sales and service networkEdit
In the year 2010 (January to December), Chevrolet Sales India Private Limited sold 110,804 vehicles against 69,579 vehicles sold during the year 2009 (January to December) and reported a increase of 59% in sales
- ↑ "Chevrolet in India". Chevrolet.co.in. Retrieved on 2011-04-18.
- ↑ "GM India Confidence". Chevrolet.co.in. Retrieved on 2011-04-18.
- ↑ "Over 200 service centers equipped with trained technicians & equipments". Chevrolet.co.in. Retrieved on 2011-04-18.
- ↑ "General Motors India’s sales grow by 59% in 2010". Media.gm.com (2011-01-02). Retrieved on 2011-04-18.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Chevrolet Sales India Private Limited. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|