|Type||Private, joint venture|
|Headquarters||Changshu, Jiangsu, China|
Chery Automobile (50%)|
Jaguar Land Rover (50%)
Chery Jaguar Land Rover (officially Chery Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Company Ltd.) is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Changshu, China and a 50:50 joint venture between the Chinese automaker Chery Automobile and the UK-based Jaguar Land Rover.
Chery Jaguar Land Rover's first assembly plant is currently under construction in Changshu.
Chery and Jaguar Land Rover were first reported to be in discussions about the possible creation of a Chinese joint venture manufacturing company in August 2010.
In March 2012, Chery and Jaguar Land Rover annouced plans to invest an initial US$2.78 billion in a new Mainland China-based joint venture to manufacture Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles and engines, as well as the establishment of a research and development centre and the creation of a new automobile marque.
The establishment of the joint venture received the formal approval of the National Development and Reform Commission of China in November 2012. Construction of Chery Jaguar Land Rover's first assembly plant began in Changshu in the same month, with a planned completion date of July 2014.
- ↑ "Tata rumored to partner with Chery to make Jaguar, Land Rover cars", Gasgoo (17 August 2010). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
- ↑ "Jaguar Land Rover seals JV with China's Chery", Reuters (21 March 2012). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
- ↑ "Jaguar Land Rover agrees joint venture with Chery in China", BBC News (21 March 2012). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
- ↑ "Jaguar Land Rover: China approves joint venture", BBC News (18 November 2012). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
- ↑ "Jaguar Land Rover seals Chinese joint venture", The Telegraph (18 November 2012). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
- ↑ "Jaguar, Chery start construction of new car factory in China", Reuters (18 November 2012). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
- ↑ "Construction on Chery-Jaguar Land Rover JV starts in east China", China Daily (19 November 2012). Retrieved on 13 January 2013.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Chery Jaguar Land Rover. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|