Cheffins are a Sutton nr Cambridge, England based firm of Agricultural Auctioneers that specialise in selling tractors, Construction Plant, and Steam engines & Fairground Rides as well as the usual agricultural livestock sales & acting as Land Agents. The company is one of the top Auctioneers for selling Vintage Agricultural machinery in the UK. They hold regular monthly machinery sales and have developed a number of specialist sales held in several locations throughout the year to sell classic & vintage machinery & steam engines to the preservation market.
Cheffins Cambridge Spring SaleEdit
This sale is has seen some record prices for some Lots over the years.
- add sale highlight here
Cheffins Bristol SaleEdit
Annual south west sale held at Easter Compton Auction Centre just outside Bristol off the M5
Cheffins Harrogate SaleEdit
Annual northern tractor & machinery sale held at the Great Yorkshire Show Showground
Cheffins also conducts dispersal sale for clients and diseased estates often on the clients premises. Other notable dispersal sales have been on behalf of liquidators of Bankrupt companies.
Notable Dispersal salesEdit
- Roger Desborough collection - October 2013 partial downsizing sale
- John Bownes collection - September 2013 partial downsizing sale
- Peter Fordham collection - 2011 estate dispersal sale of Caterpillar collection including Allchin no. 3251 Royal Chester
- Beeby Brothers Sale - 2008 dispersal sale part of former steam ploughing contractors collection.
- Viv Kirk collection on July 14 2007
- Buxworth Steam Fair (Tony Marchington collection) - Sale on behalf of administrators of the company. Dispersed a noted collection of fairground rides and engines.
- The Goodman collection (part II) of over 30 vintage tractors.
References / sourcesEdit
- www.cheffins.co.uk - Official web site