The Charles Burrell Museum opened in 1991 and is housed in the former Charles Burrell and Sons Company Paint Shop on Minstergate in Thetford, Norfolk. The collections includes Burrells built engines, parts of Burrell engines, the original factory machinery, and items linked to the Burrell Family.
The collections engines[edit | edit source]
- Burrell no. 2479 Traction engine
- Burrell no. 3777 Showman's EngineQueen Mary bequeathed from the Viv Kirk collection
- Burrell no. 4061 Steam roller
Opening Hours[edit | edit source]
Note: check the web site for opening times as it only has limited opening times !
See also[edit | edit source]
- Charles Burrell and Sons
- Museums List
- Collections - private collections (some have public opendays)
- R. Parrott collection a keen collector of Burrell engines. (engines exhibited at Weeting & other steam shows).
- Weeting Steam Engine Rally and Country Show
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]