|Predecessor||Chang'an Ford Mazda|
Chang'an Ford |
He Xiaoqing (President and CEO)|
Zhao Fei (Executive Vice President)
Chang'an Automobile Group (50%)|
Ford Motor Company (50%)
Chang’an Ford (长安福特 Cháng'ān Fútè, full name Chang’an Ford Automobile Co., Ltd.) is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Chongqing, China and a 50/50 joint venture between Chang'an Automobile Group and Ford Motor Company. The company's principal activity is the manufacture of Ford brand passenger cars for the Chinese market. The company was formed in Dec. 2012 after the decision to restructure Chang'an Ford Mazda, whereby Ford and Mazda agreed to work with Chang'an as separate joint ventures. Currently, Chang'an Ford's entire production base is the largest manufacturing location outside Detroit, Michigan for Ford. It has plants in Chongqing, Hangzhou & Harbin. The slogan for Chang'an Ford is "Go Further" (进无止境, Jìn wú zhǐjìng).
In 2013, Chang'an Ford opened a new engine plant in Chongqing with an investment of US$500 million.
On Jun. 18, 2014, Chang'an Ford opened its transmission plant in Chongqing with an investment of US$350 million. This is the first transmission plant for Ford in the Asia-Pacific region.
In 2015, Chang'an Ford acquired Harbin Hafei Automobile Group Co, a subsidiary of Chongqing Changan's parent company, for US$1.1 billion. After factory upgrades, vehicle production started in the second half of 2016.
- Ford Escort
- Ford Explorer
- Ford Escape
- Ford Focus
- Ford Mondeo
- Ford Taurus
- Ford Edge
- Ford Evos
- Lincoln Corsair
- Lincoln Aviator
- Lincoln Nautilus
- Ford Fiesta
- Ford Mondeo Zhisheng
- Ford S-Max
- Ford Kuga (replaced by the Ford Escape)
- Ford EcoSport
|Calendar year||Total sales|
- 杨帆. "Changan Ford commissions third China plant".
- "Restructure of Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Approved", Mazda Newsroom (30 November 2012).
- "Ford Unveils New Transmission Plant in China".
- "Ford China joint venture acquires factory in $1.1 bln deal" (2015-04-02).
- Sales, ModelFord Car SalesFord Model (2015-04-22). "Ford Kuga China auto sales figures" (in en-US).
- http://shareholder.ford.com/~/media/Files/F/Ford-IR-V2/events-and-presentations/2018/ford-sold-nearly-1200000-vehicles-in-china-in-2017.pdf[dead link]
- Template:Cite pr
Template:Automotive industry in China