|Preceded by||Holt Ten|
|Weight (nominal) lb/kg||4,420 lbs. (40" gauge)/ (50" gauge)|
The Caterpillar Ten is a tractor that was introduced by the newly formed Caterpillar Tractor Company in 1928 to replace the Holt Ten. It had a fuel capacity of 22 gallons and came in 2 model series, 2F and 1J.
- 37 inch Gauge
- 44 inch Gauge
The Ten was built in 1 Series, with 4,929 built over a 5 year period.
- Series PT - 4,929 built
A number of examples survive of theses tractors around the world.
- Please list any known examples with serial number (if possible) & approximate location i.e nearest town (not owners address).
- Caterpillar Ten sn: PT1853 - N32°35'58.0" W114°35'21.0" (Yuma, Arizona)
- Caterpillar Ten sn: PT3252 - West Brothers collection, Kent
- Caterpillar Ten sn: unknown - N40°56.312' W121°34.176 (Cassel, California)
- Caterpillar Ten sn: unknown - N44°5'21.592" W77°36'41.42" (Trenton, Ontario) Dibbits Excavating & Landscape Supply
- Caterpillar Ten sn: PT1570 - N 48° 56′ 13″ , W 55° 38′ 42″ (Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland) The Grand Falls-Windsor Heritage Society
- Caterpillar Ten sn: PT2364 - Otay, California
References / sourcesEdit
- ↑ Orlemann, Eric C. Caterpillar Chronicle: the history of the world's greatest earthmovers. MotorBooks International, 2000, p. 30.
- ↑ http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/9/3/937-caterpillar-twenty-two.html
- ↑ Orlemann, Eric C. and Haddock, Keith Classic Caterpillar Crawlers. MotorBooks International, 2001, p. 55.
add relevant web links here