The Caterpiller D5 is a small track-type bulldozer manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The original D5 series was only produced in 1939. The current D5 series being produced is the D5K.
- D5 (9M) was originally built in 1939, with only 46 built. It was a cross between the D4 chassis & the 6 cylinder D6 45 hp D4600 engine.
- D5B - reintroduced in 1967.
- D5 SA and D5B SA - Special Application farm tractors
- D5H an elevated sprocket model introduced in 1985.
- D5H LGP - Low ground pressure version with wide & long tracks, for soft ground
- D5K - current version
- Gross Power: 100 hp (75 kW)
- Net Power: 96 hp (72 kW)
- Bore: 105 mm (96 in)
- XL Operating weight: 9408 kg (20,741 lb)
- LGP Operating weight: 9683 kg (21,347 lb)
CAT web site
This list is under development. Please add any missing model ranges (note:some sections contain place holder entries do not 'clean up', just replace with valid entries)