The Case Crossmotor range consisted of a number of models built from 1916 to 1928 when the Case Letter series was introduced, with the 'new' inline design that became the std layout for a tractor as Unit construction took over from the earlier framed design.
Details of the general development history of the range is required. - Please help by adding more details here, to help build the Wiki database into the biggest tractor encyclopaedia on the web.
Model range Edit
- Case 9-18 - 1916-1920 (6,687 built)
- Case 10-18 - 1917-1920 (7,367 built)
- Case 12-20 - 1921-1927 (9,237 built)
- Case 15-27 - 1919-1924 (17,629 built)
- Case 18-32 - 1925-1928 (9,890 built)
- Case 22-40 - 1919-1924 (1,757 built) - A 5 plow model
- Case 25-45 - 1925-1928 (1,184 built) - (cost over $3,000 new)
- Case 40-72 - 1920-1923 (only 42 built) - 50/90 hp model, weighed nearly 10 ton !
For details of models and list of tractors in preservation see the related model articles.
- Case Photographic History (book), by April Halberstadt.