|This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (January 2011)|
The Cars of the Stars Motor Museum was in the English town of Keswick, Cumbria, and owned a collection of celebrity television and film vehicles. As of May 2011[update] it was closed, and the museum's website said "check the website for details of the relocation of the vehicles to a new location shortly".
In 1982 the museum's founder, Peter Nelson, was approached for use of his MG TC in "The Spoils of War" television production. As a result, he formulated the idea of starting a motor museum with a focus on television and film-based vehicles. The Royal Oak Garage in central Keswick was purchased and refurbished to house the collection.
The museum opened to the public on 1 May 1989.
The collection Edit
The collection included:
- A Ford Anglia 105E, which had been used during the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Both of the two remaining A-Team GMC vans.
- KITT (convertible) from Knight Rider.
- Batmobiles from the various Batman related films and television series.
- A De Lorean DMC-12 promotional replica from the Back to the Future films.
- One of the original two Mr. Bean MkIII Austin Minis. (A replica is also at the National Motor Museum).
- Laurel and Hardy's Model 'T' Ford.
- A comprehensive collection of vehicles from the James Bond films including at least five Aston Martins and a variety of other James Bond cars such as the Lotus Esprit, Toyota 2000GT, and a BSA motorcycle.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the film of the same name.
- The Mad Max film Pursuit Special Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe. (A replica is also located in Silverton, Australia).
- The 'Munsters' Munster Koach, a hot rod based on a lengthened 1923 Ford Model T chassis with a custom hearse body built by famed customizer George Barris.
- A life-sized replica of FAB1 from the supermarionation television series Thunderbirds.
- The Street Hawk Motorcycle.
- The yellow Reliant Regal van used in Only Fools and Horses.
Current location of exhibitsEdit
Please add details of the location of any of these vehicles is seen in other museums or out a promotional events.
Not all of these vehicles are believed to belong to the museum. some are believed to belong to private owners, who had placed them on long term loan to the museum. As is the case with many other vehicles in other museums.
References / sourcesEdit
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Cars of the Stars Motor Museum. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|