|Headquarters||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia|
|Parent||Transit Australia Group|
Bustech is an Australian bus bodywork company, established in 1998 on the Gold Coast, Queensland.. It is owned by the Transit Australia Group, where buses are produced for its sister companies, Surfside Buslines and Sunbus. Originally, Bustech worked out of a factory in Ernest, but in October 2004 they moved into a new $10 million factory at West Burleigh.
Currently, Bustech produces four bus models.
- VST: 12.5m low-floor citybus body - built on a variety of chassis, including Volvo B12BLE and B7RLE, Mercedes-Benz O500LE, Scania K230UB and MAN 18.310 HOCL-NL.
- SBV/SBM: School/Charter bus body - built on a variety of chassis, including MAN 18.280, Mercedes-Benz OH1830L, Volvo B7R, Scania K94IB. Previously known as the Graduate. SBM stands for School Bus MAN whilst SBV stands for School Bus Volvo.
- MDi: 10.5m, 43 seater low floor citybus integral - available with Cummins ISC 7-litre engine and ZF Axles RL85A / A132
- XDi: 12.5m, 53-seater (49 when specified with centre-door) low floor citybus. Available with Cummins ISL 7-litre engine and ZF Axles RL85A / A132
Both the MDi and XDi were also available with Caterpillar C7 engines however since they ceased production of highway engines the vehicles can be specified only with the Cummins.
Previously, Bustech has produced low-floor city buses, school buses and coaches, but were unnamed. These have now been superseded by the above four models. Previous chassis built on include: Mercedes-Benz O405NH, Mercedes-Benz O400, Scania L94UB and Hino RG230.
- Transit Australia Group: Surfside Buslines and Sunbus > 259 & 114 units respectively.
- Veolia Transport: NSW and Brisbane > 61 & 38 units respectively, though have since switched to Custom Coaches.
- Logan City Bus Service > 91 Units.
- Pulitano Group: Westside Bus Company and Park Ridge Transit > 29 & 28 units respectively, though have since switched to Volgren.
- Buslines Group (previously John A. Gilbert) > 40 units, spread across regional NSW.
- Busabout Group: Busabout and Busabout Wagga Wagga > 33 & 6 units respectively.
- Darwinbus > 18 units.
- Busways: Purchased 70 "VST" bodied MAN 18.310, and a further 20 MAN School buses, with bustech SBM bodys, due for delivery within the 6 months from July 2009. Busways also now run 3 "XDI" Intergral buses with Cummins engines.
Information correct at 26/7/09
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Bustech. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|