The Bradford Gas Engine Co. Ltd was based in Shipley West Yorkshire England. The company built Gas engines from the early 20th century till the 1940's.
Company history[edit | edit source]
Model range[edit | edit source]
- 2 1/4 hp open crank engine
- ? - please add details of other models by this firm
Preservation[edit | edit source]
A few rare examples of engines from this company appear at UK vintage machinery rallies in the Stationary engine section.
- 1911 built 2 1/2 hp hopper cooled - owned by Christopher Coxhill - seen at the Tractor World Show - Malvern 2010. (photo above)
- 1914 built 2 1/4 hp open crank petrol engine owned by FF Butterfield and exhibited at the Scorton Working Day - North Yorkshire in 2009 (photo above)
- 1928 built 2 hp Closed crank engine sn 11988 - www.restored-classics.com
- 1942 Gas engine sn 8099 (offered for sale on InternalFire Forum).
- 1944 sn 11454 - on Internal fire forum
See also[edit | edit source]
References / sources[edit | edit source]
Examples seen at UK events
- 8099 For sale (Jan 2009)
- [http://www.internalfire.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=290&highlight=bradford+engine Bradford engine #11454