|Parent||FAW Car Company|
With products based on older Mazda sedans, Besturn successfully caters to upper middle-class Chinese consumers. At least one new model derives from the second generation Volkswagen Jetta. FAW, Besturn's owner, also manufactures the Chinese market version of the car many Besturn products are based on, the Mazda 6, and Besturn models were initially produced in FAW's Mazda factories.
The Besturn B70 made its debut in 2006.
Bestune began to sell its vehicles in the Russian market in 2012 with the B50 as the first model sold, which debuted at the 2012 Moscow International Automobile Salon. It had talks to have a joint venture with Avtotor to have the Besturn X80 manufactured in Russia in 2015. The Besturn X80 started manufacture in Russia in April 2017 and FAW mentions that it would sell at least two to three more models by 2018.
At the end of 2018, the manufacturer decided to rename Besturn's English name to Bestune. The Chinese name Benteng remained unchanged.
- Bestune B30
- Bestune B50
- Bestune B70
- Besturn B90
- Bestune X40
- Bestune X80
- Bestune T33
- Bestune T55
- Bestune T77
- Bestune T99
- Bestune E01
- Bestune NAT (E05)
The 134,500 units sold in 2010 constituted a substantial increase over the 70,000 of the prior year.
Relationship with Hongqi
The products of another FAW brand, Hongqi, may be easily confused with Besturn cars. Until 2011 the two brands shared badging, and in 2008, due to flagging sales, Hongqi showrooms were merged those of Besturn. It was thought that giving the Hongqi brand more sales outlets would increase sales.
- Besturn B90 Sedan spotted out testing Script error: No such module "webarchive". chinacartimes.com, October 27, 2010
- Besturn Does China's FAW Car Co. A Good Turn forbes.com. 07.11.08, 5:29 AM ET
- This is a 30 year old car – Besturn B30 at the Shanghai Auto Show chinacartimes.com, April 27, 2011
- Besturn B90 to launch this year to be Mazda6 based chinacartimes.com, March 24, 2011
- Mazda and Besturn to stop sharing production line By Helen Zhang. gasgoo.com, June 22, 2010
- FAW Launches Besturn C301 Performance Luxury Sedan Script error: No such module "webarchive". Xiao Li and Wei Xin. FAW Official Site, Sep 13, 2006
- About Besturn Script error: No such module "webarchive". FAW Car Company Official Site
- "FAW-Besturn B50 is a Toyota in Russia - CarNewsChina.com" (22 February 2013).
- "FAW will present a new sedan Besturn B50 in Moscow motor show".
- "FAW to have 32 distributors in Russia - Xinhua - English.news.cn".
- "FAW has started manufacturing new models in Russia" (6 March 2017).
- Bestune Sales Data & Trends for the Chinese Automotive Market (englisch, abgerufen am 12. Juli 2020)
- "CHINA'S FIRST AUTOMOBILE WORKS POSTS 31.6% RISE IN 2010 SALES", Rhodes (Jan 19, 2011).
- For shared badging, see FAW to give B50 a new grill and logo for 2011? chinacartimes.com, December 28, 2010
- For 2011 Besturn re-badging, see Besturn brands to carry the FAW logo from now on chinacartimes.com, May 24, 2011 at 9:21 pm
- AW Car to merge Hongqi, Besturn sales networks gasgoo.com, July 30, 2008
- FAW mulls merging Besturn, Xiali sales networks By George Gao. gasgoo.com, October 27, 2008
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Besturn. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki by expanding it.|