|Manufacturer||Aveling & Porter|
|Registration no.||E 5341|
|Machine type||Steam roller|
|Weight Tons (kg)||10 ton|
|Date into Preservation||1964|
|Power nhp||5 nhp|
|No. of Cylinders||Single|
|Current Owner / Keeper||I. Cooper|
|Sale Price (approximate)
Aveling & Porter no. 8290 is an steam roller that was built in April 1914 by Aveling & Porter in Rochester Kent. This engine is currently owned/in the care of I. Cooper of Shrewsbury. It currently carries the reg no.E5341. and is retained in 'original unrestored condition' having only had mechanical restoration work done to maintain it in good mechanical order.
Bought new in April 1914 by Cannock R.D. Council.
- Worked till 1963 when withdrawn by Staffordshire County Council.
- Sold by Staffordshire CC in 1964.
- Sold in 1999
- Bought in 2006 by I. Cooper of Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
- Please add (more) details of this engines history
Some of the events this engine has attended;
- list events here and year
- Shrewsbury Steam Rally - 2009
- Malpas Yesteryear Rally - 2014
- and many others
Add your photos here
- List of Named Vehicles
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- Glossary Index - use terms
- Collector & preservation related
References / sources
- were is the info from ?
|Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.|
- add link here