At Driffield 2008
|Manufacturer||Aveling & Porter|
|Registration no.||VW 5172|
|Machine type||Steam tractor|
|Model type/class||Type AL|
|Weight Tons (kg)||5 ton|
|Power nhp||4 nhp|
|No. of Cylinders||2|
|Linkage Type||slide valve|
|No. of Gears||2|
|Sale Price (approximate)
Aveling & Porter no. 12115 is an steam tractor that was built in 1928 by Aveling & Porter in Rochester Kent. Was converted to a showman's tractor for a number of years. Now being restored in Steam tractor form by current owner.
- 1928 - Supplied new to Essex County Council for haulage.
- 1934 - sold to Mr Smirh of Fakenham, Norfolk and used for driving a sawmill.
- 1934 to 1961 ? details unknown.
- 1962 converted to a showman's tractor and named Rambler.
- 2000 bought by N. Crisp (current owner) and restored to tractor form over several years.
- 2008/2009 canopy refitted.
- Restoration ongoing As of 2010[update]
- Add any more history known about this engine here
Some of the events this engine has attended include;
- Barnard Castle Steam Fair
- Bedfordshire Steam and Country Fayre
- Duncombe Park Steam Rally
- Lincolnshire Steam and Vintage Rally
- Leeming Bar Station
- Pickering Steam Rally
- Scorton North Yorkshire Rally and Annual Working
- Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally
- list event (link) here and year
Add your photos here
- List of Named Vehicles
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- List of Steam Machinery Manufacturers
- Glossary Index - use terms
- Collector & preservation related
References / sourcesEdit
- Various show guides