Automotive Industries, Ltd. is an Israeli Automaker and major supplier of the Israeli Security Forces.
Located in Nazareth Illit, the company was originally founded in 1966 by Automotive Equipment Group as a plant for the assembly of cars and trucks. AIL has since gone on to increase its role in the vehicle's manufacture, doing much of the work on several early Willys MB-derivatives, as well as the more recent M462 trucks and AIL Storm (Sufa) series of Jeep Wrangler-derivatives, and the AIL Desert Raider. AIL was also an assembly-point for Israel Defense Forces-bound Humvees, but US foreign aid guarantees caused contracts to be moved to plants in the United States.
AIL is currently developing the Storm III and was set to begin mass-production in August 2008.
- Willys MB [assembly] - (1966 - 1983)
- AIL M325 Commandcar
- AIL Abir - (1966 - 1987)
- AIL Storm - (1987 - present)
- HMMWV [assembly]
- AIL Desert Raider - (1998 - present)
- AIL Official page
- Automotive Industries Ltd. on Global Auto Index
- Automotive Industries Ltd. military products page
- civilian products on parent Automotive Equipment & Vehicles
- Desert Raider at Israel Export & International Cooperative Institute
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Automotive Industries. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|