Austin model R no. 1907 is a preserved Austin tractor built in 1923 by the Austin Motor Company in France. Owned by P & E Ducksbury from Nottinghamshire. Bought from The Goodman Collection dispersal sale in 2007.
This is an excellent example of preserving a tractor by Conservation in as near original condition as possible and not restoring to a Showmans exhibition piece, with added bling as occurs with some tractors which ruins the originality..
- Built in 1923
- Built in France following Austin moving the factory to avoid import duties in the french market and free up space for car production in the UK factory.
- Bought by the current owners from The Goodman Collection in 2007
- Retained in un restored original condition.
- Owned by P & E Ducksbury tractor collectors from Nottinghamshire.
- Detailed history unknown.
This tractor has been exhibited at events including;
- Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show in 2008. (42)
- Add more events this tractor has been exhibited at here
|Photo||Caption / notes|
|At Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show in 2008|
|The simple design of the rear with basic drawbar and Band brakes.|
|Info board presented with the tractor with background info and specs.|
|Add more photos of this tractor here please||add a short caption here|
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
References / sourcesEdit
Photos from 2008 Newark Vintage Tractor and Heritage Show.
- Show guide 2008
- excellent info board displayed with the tractor.
- add relevant links here