Alexander ALX300 on DAF SB220 chassis
|Manufacturer||Walter Alexander Coachbuilders/TransBus/Alexander Dennis|
|Built at||Falkirk, Scotland|
Arriva North West and Wales
|Floor type||Low floor|
MAN (MAN 18.220/18.240)|
Volvo (Volvo B10BLE)
DAF (DAF SB220)
|Options||Various customer options|
The Alexander ALX300 (later known as the TransBus ALX300 and the Alexander Dennis ALX300) is a full size single-decker bus body built by Alexander at Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom, which was first built in 1997. It was one of the ALX-series bodywork, which accounted for 5 different models (100/200/300/400/500), built for new generation (mainly low-floor) bus chassis produced since late 1990s.
It could be mounted on the MAN 18.220, DAF SB220 or Volvo B10BLE chassis. The ALX300 shares its appearance with the ALX200 midibus, ALX400 2-axle double decker body and the ALX500 3-axle double decker body and belongs to the same family as the ALX100 minibus.
The ALX300 was never as successful as many of its competitors, most notably the Wright Renown on the Volvo B10BLE chassis. However the ALX300 on MAN 18.220 chassis is the favoured full size single-decker bus of Stagecoach Group in the UK. Despite the arrival of the Enviro300, which is aimed at the same full-size single deck market, Stagecoach has continued to prefer the ALX300, with further deliveries to the group in the first half of 2006. The last ever batch of ALX300-bodied buses, built on the new MAN 18.240 chassis, were delivered to Stagecoach Sheffield in Spring 2007. The ALX300 was then replaced by the Enviro300 which is now Stagecoach's preferred type.
- 1997, ALX300 body series 9742,number build 150,chassis MAN 18.220.
- 1997, ALX300 body series 9751,number build 50,chassis DAF SB220.
- 1999, ALX300 body series 9903,number build 20,chassis MAN 18.220.
- 1999, ALX300 body series 9910,number build 30,chassis Volvo B10BLE.
- 1999, ALX300 body series 9913,number build 86,chassis MAN 18.220.
- 1999, ALX300 body series 9958,number build 7,chassis Volvo B10BLE.
- 1999, ALX300 body series 9959,number build 30,chassis Volvo B10BLE.
- 2000, ALX300 body series 0072,number build 50,chassis MAN 18.220.
- 2005, ALX300 body series 5303,number build 28,chassis MAN 18.220.
References / sourcesEdit
|This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (May 2011)|
|Add any external links that directly relate to this articles subject and have more info or have related images. Other general external links can be added to the web Site Links list.|
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Alexander ALX300. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|