The AEC Militant (Milly) was produced in several versions from 1952-67 (MkI).
The militant had initially been built by Maudslay.
Over 3800 MkI Militants were produced between 1952 and 1967. The Militant was built as both 6x4 and 6x6 chassis, with long or short wheelbase and in Left hand drive (O859) or Right hand drive (O860) configurations. The one pictured here worked for London Transport before joining National Rescue and has a website at www.millytant.com
- Main article: List of FV series military vehicles
The main version in British army use being the;
- FV 11007 : Truck 10 ton General Service Cargo ( 14 ft ) 6x4
- FV 11008 : Truck 10 ton General Service Cargo ( 18 ft ) 6x4
- FV 11012 : Truck 10 ton General Service Cargo Dropside 6x4
A number example appear at Commercial vehicles events and Military vehicles shows, as well as several of the Steam fairs and rallies which feature a range of vintage vehicles as well as the steam exhibits.
- Please list known examples in preservation or seen at shows here.
|Registration No.||Make-Model or type no||Build-Year||Engine-Make/Type||Weight/class||Chassis/Body type||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured||Other info|
|VSK 996||AEC Militant Mk ?||?||?||6x6||Timber tractor||S. Bolton of Essex||At Woolpit Steam 2009|
|Please add any truck with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual truck by linking the reg or serial number using [[Truck make-model-reg no.|reg number]] or [[Truck make-model-serial no.|serial number]] in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that truck.|
- List of Vehicles by F number
- Shows and Meets
- Museums List - some of the museums feature Military vehicle in their collections.
References / sourcesEdit