- See also: AMOC Chapter Ifor American Branch of Group.
The Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club of the UK is also known as Chapter II. The original American group being Chapter I.
The chapter was formed by a group of enthusiasts with an interest in old Caterpillar machinery. Membership is open to anybody with an interest in Caterpillar machinery, and do not have to be owners of machines. The group has membership of over 300 members in the UK. The Groups members have over 1500 machines between them (not all CAT). Some of the members have a lifetimes experience of operating CAT machinery and have a huge pool of knowledge about fixing Caterpillar machinery and finding parts for them. So If you have a Caterpillar machine and a problem somebody in the group will know the answer or know were to get it.
Note Following a dispute with the American AMOC Chapter 1 the UK group has been disenfranchised & disbanded. A new UK machinery owners club called The Link is being formed to replace the Caterpillar club in the UK. The UK club was one of the largest chapters of all the groups.
The ACMOC helps organise the Ketton Cement Open Day event were they have several classic machines working each year, as well as the modern machinery used in the quarry.
They also have stands at various shows throughout the year.
Various working days and visits for members are arranged to see private collections and visits to sites operating CAT machinery.
A number of members and there cat tractors attend the Little Casterton Working Weekend event each autumn.
Future Events ListEdit
Please add any new AMOC event announcements here:- There are to be no more ACMOC events in the UK after Autumn 2009, following the closure of the club.
- Caterpillar - History of company and list of models.
- Shows and Meets - Listing of events throughout the year.
- Clubs - list of groups associated with collecting classic tractors and plant
- Web Site Links - collection of useful links
- ↑ [http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5466#post5466 AMOC page on www.ceforum.co.uk
- ACMOC Chapter 2 Home page - ACMOC UK web site
- Classic machinery network ACMOC page
- The Link Club page on the www.ceforum.co.uk