VLRA transport de troupes
|Place of origin||France|
ACMAT (Ateliers de Construction Mécanique de L'Atlantique, also known as ALM-ACMAT), is a French producer of cross-country and tactical military vehicles since 1958. Known for their reliability, simplicity, ruggedness and their 80% (over 3,500) commonality of parts across the entire product line, these vehicles were originally targeted at African and Asian countries who could not afford more expensive vehicles. The ACMAT company built their vehicles based on standardisation, commonality of parts and components, and on interchangeability; parts are interchangeable with vehicles built 30 years ago. Parts commonality includes cabs, structural components, engines and drive trains. ACMAT uses many of the same parts for all of its line of vehicles. They even produce an armoured variant of both the 4x4 and 6x6 versions of the VLRA.
Many French fire brigade]s also use ACMAT vehicles due to their lower cost and 4WD ability. Several thousand are in use by 42 countries including France and the Irish Defence Forces. ACMAT also designs, manufactures and builds trailers, shelters and generators. ACMAT has exported over 85 percent of the 12,000 plus vehicles it produced into 50 different countries.
Airtransportable Véhicule Tactique Léger, A new pickup truck from ACMAT. Comes in a single or crew cab.
VLRA,(Véhicules de liaison, de reconnaissance et d'appui) - for reconnaissance, escort and support variant. Available in 4x4 and 6x6 versions.
Available in several sizes:
- Short Chassis: 3.3 m, 3.6m, and 3.9 m; 1,500 kg to 2,500 kg
- Long chassis: 4.2 m and 4.3 m; 2,500 kg to 3,500 kg
- TPK 4.15 SM3 - 12 man transport
- TPK 4.15 STL - General purpose transport
- TPK 4.15 FSP - Long Range Patrol Vehicle
- TPK 4.15 LRM - Multiple rocket launcher carrier
- TPK 4.15 ASPIC - Weapons carrier
- TPK 4.15 PACF - Weapons carrier
- TTK 4.20 BL - the armoured variant
- TPK 4.20 SC - 2500-litre tanker version
- TPK 4.20 PCR - Radio Command Post
- TPK 4.20 SL7 - Light recovery duty vehicle
- TPK 4.20 SM2 - Troop Carrier
- TPK 4.20 SAM - Ambulance
- TPK 4.20 SM3 - 2.5t "gunship" truck
- TPK 4.20 VCT - Command and transmission vehicle
- TPK 4.20 VPL2 - Scout car
- TPK 4.20M ALM - cargo
- TPK 4.25 SAm - Ambulance
- TPK 4.30 BUS - 28 passenger bus (short chassis) or 34 passenger (long chassis)
- also available in a command vehicle conversion.
- TPK 4.30 SAM - Workshop
- TPK 4.35 SCM - Mechanical handling vehicle
- TPK 4.35 SM - Troop carrier
- TPK 4.35 SM2 - Truck
- TPK 4.35 VPC - Convoy protection vehicle/weapons carrier
- TPK 6.35 TSR - Semi-truck, 8t to 10t trailer towing capacity
- TPK 6.40 SB - 6000 kg tipper/dump truck
- TPK 6.40 SC - 4000-litre bowser/tanker
- TPK 6.40 SG - Tar spreader
- TPK 6.40 SH - Shelter carrier
- TPK 6.40 SM2 - 6x6 troop carrier
- TPK 6.40 SM3 - with 105mm towed howitzer
- TPK 6.40 SWT - Recovery vehicle
- TPK 6.50 BL - The armoured variant available as an APC or armoured crew cab/cargo vehicle.
- TPK 6.50 SH - Shelter carrier
- TPK 6.60 SH - Shelter carrier
- VCT (Véhicule de Commandement et de Transmissions)
VLRB (Véhicule de Liaison et de Reconnaissance Blindé) - The TCM 420 BL 6 is powered by a four cylinder Cummins turbo-diesel Euro 3 which has 167 horsepower (125 kW) at 2,500 rpm. It has a five speed automatic transmission and a two speed transfer case. One can be carried in a C-160 Transall and two can be carried in a C-130 Hercules. The armored version can be armed with a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun, or a 20 mm or 30 mm automatic cannon.
- FCLV - Future Command and Liaison Vehicle, a British Army light wheeled armored vehicle program. Offered by Hunting Engineering in partnership with ACMAT, the FCLV was essentially a modified VLRB. The IVECO contender eventually won the bid process
The VLA (Véhicules logistiques de l'avant) is a cab-over design, available in 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, with a carrying capacity of 4,000 kg to 8,000 kg. It is primarily designed to carry pallets.
- WPK 4.40 SH/STL 4x4 4ton, shelter/pallet
- WPK 6.65 SH/STL 6x6 up to 15ft Container/pallet system "Hunter"
- WPK 6.65 APL up to 20ft containers/pallets
- WPK 8.75 SH 8x8 up to 20ft containers
ACMAT offers over 70 variants including the following: command car, commando vehicle, police vehicles, personnel carriers, cargo carriers, ambulances, mortar carrier, weapons carriers, communications vehicles, cross country bus, wireless vehicle, workshops vehicles, vehicles with cranes, fire fighting vehicles, fluid carriers(water and/or POL), Semi-trucks, multiple rocket launcher carriers, dump trucks and more.
- two or four doors
- soft or hard top
- manual or power steering
- manual or automatic transmission
- left hand drive or right hand drive
- air conditioning
- armoured or unarmoured
- NBC defence system
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at ACMAT. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|