|Headquarters||Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India|
|Number of locations||2 (Aurangabad, Chakan)|
|Production output||20,019 units (2010)|
Kč12.5 billion (2010) |
(29.9 billion INR)
($767.21 million USD)
Škoda Auto India Private Limited, more commonly referred to as Škoda Auto India, established November 2001, is a fully owned subsidiary of the Czech automotive manufacturer Škoda Auto and a division of Volkswagen Group Sales India.
According to an official release, Škoda Auto India sold more than 16,000 units in 2008, a 28.5% increase from 2007 sales totals. Furthermore, SAIPL is aiming to become the strategic hub in South and Eastern Asian markets for the Škoda Auto marque, by exporting its locally produced products to Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand. As of April 2009[ref], it has sold over 61,000 units since operations began in November 2001.
The Octavia was the first car to be launched in India. Targeted at the Indian premium segment, its handling, fuel efficiency, and low initial price (compared to other products then available in the Indian market) made the Octavia an instant hit with the Indian car user. Its Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) diesel engined version, in particular, delivered a high level of fuel efficiency and (for the Indian market) power and torque, resulting in higher level of driveability when compared to existing products available in the Indian market.
Škoda Auto India Private Limited has its manufacturing plant located at Shendra on the outskirts of Aurangabad which has a annual capacity of 40,000 vehicles. This Aurangabad plant is also shared by Audi India to manufacture the Audi A4 and Audi A6 models. It also uses the Volkswagen India Private Limited plant at Chakan, Maharashtra to manufacture the Škoda Fabia.
Škoda Auto India currently sells the following four fundamental models, in a total of nineteen variants:
Manufactured Locally Edit
- Škoda Octavia (2001–2010)
Sales and Service NetworkEdit
In the year 2010-11, Škoda Auto India Private Limited recorded sales of 20,019 units.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Škoda Auto India (8 April 2009). "Škoda introduces the all New Superb in Diesel & V6 4x4 Petrol versions ~ Inaugurates its 61st facility in India; the largest Concept showroom, Tafe Access in Bangalore" (PDF), http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/Media/pressrelease/PublishingImages/skodasuperb_dieselV6.pdf. Retrieved on <time class="dtstart" datetime="2 November 2009">2 November 2009</time>.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 ŠkodaAuto India (1 January 2009). "ŠkodaAuto India achieves record sales growth of 28.5% in 2008" (PDF), http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/Media/pressrelease/PublishingImages/year_end_08_Sales_release.pdf. Retrieved on <time class="dtstart" datetime="2 November 2009">2 November 2009</time>.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 "Škoda Octavia", TheHindu.com (7 February 2002). Retrieved on 2 November 2009.
- ↑ "Tale of the Indian Volkswagen - Auto - The Economic Times", Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd., EconomicTimes.IndiaTimes.com (10 April 2008). Retrieved on 2 November 2009.
- ↑ http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/ind/about/faqs/Pages/FAQs.aspx
- ↑ "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's - What are the models offered by ŠkodaAuto India?". ŠkodaAuto India. Skoda-Auto.co.in (2008). Retrieved on 2 November 2009.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's". ŠkodaAuto India. Skoda-Auto.co.in (2008). Retrieved on 2 November 2009.
- ↑ http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/ind/dealer_network/Pages/DealerPage.aspx
- Škoda-Auto.co.in Škoda Auto India official website
-  Skoda Reviews on Skoda India's Facebook Page
-  Team-BHP's Skoda Resources
|Škoda Auto car timeline, 1945–1989 — a marque of the Volkswagen Group — next »|
|coupé / cabrio||450||Felicia|
|1101 / 1102 'Tudor'||440 'Spartak'||Octavia||1000MB / 1100MB||100 / 110 / 110 R||105 / 120 / 125|
|445||Octavia Super||Octavia Kombi||Garde||Rapid 130 / 135 / 136|
|family car||1200||1201||1202 (Kombi / Pickup)|
|large family car||…Superb 3000|
|sports car||Sport||120 S||130 RS||130 LR|
|Supersport||1101 OHC||F3||1100 GT|
|van / minibus||1203||Škoda TAZ|
|founder: Laurin & Klement • Škoda Auto corporate website • A marque of the Volkswagen Group • Škoda Auto engines|
|« previous — Škoda Auto car timeline, 1990–present — a marque of the Volkswagen Group|
|supermini||Favorit / Forman (78)||Felicia (6U)||Fabia Mk1 (6Y)||Fabia Mk2 (5J)|
|mini SUV||Yeti (5L)|
|small family car||Octavia Mk1 (1U)||Octavia Mk2 (1Z)|
|large executive car||Superb Mk1 (3U)||Superb Mk2 (3T)|
|panel van||Praktik (5J)|
|founder: Laurin & Klement • Škoda Auto corporate website • A marque of the Volkswagen Group • Škoda Auto engines • Škoda Auto India|
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Škoda Auto India Private Limited. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|